I’d like to share with you the very first recipe that I created on my own! These Date Balls are so easy to make, delicious, and nutritious. I like to pack them in my school lunch for a healthy treat! They give me lots of energy to get through the rest of my day.
This easy date balls recipe is:
- naturally sweetened with dates and contain no refined sugars
- contain only 5 ingredients
- gluten, dairy, and (optional) nut free
- perfect for Iftars or to bring to a gathering
- 2 cups dates pitted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or use almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if your nut butter doesn’t contain salt)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry.
- Taste for sweetness and add a little honey if you want it to be sweeter.
- Form into small balls and roll in more coconut flakes.
- Enjoy these quick and easy date balls recipe !
Recipe by Chef: Dr. Laura