FRESH TOMATO PIZZA TOAST
FRESH TOMATO PIZZA TOAST INGREDIENTS:
- 2 slices (2oz/60) of whole wheat bread (1 HEb)
- 50g/2oz of mozzarella cheese (1xHEa), grated or sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced thinly
- half a small red onion, sliced
- 2 slices of ham, sliced up
- Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- Spray oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spray baking tray with spray oil.
- Place on the slices of bread
- Spread with passata and a sprinkling of Italian herbs.
- Add some slithers or red onion and sliced up ham.
- Top with mozzarella
- Add tomato slices to the top. drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven until cheese has melted and toast is crisp and golden. (10-15mins)
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped herbs
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- You can mix up the toppings for these for a variation.
Recipe by Chef: Besty