- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes – chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons or 4 cloves fresh garlic – minced
- ¼- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock or pasta water
- 5 chopped mediterranean tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste opt.
- ¼ pound spaghetti – cooked al dente per package directions
- ¼ cup fresh basil – chopped
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste – grated and shaved
- Heat olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add fresh tomatoes, salt & pepper then saute for one minute.
- Add minced garlic – cook for an additional minute.
- Add liquid, tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, tomato paste and cooked pasta. Cook for 3-4 minutes until liquid is reduced. Add basil, stir lightly.
- Place in serving dishes and garnish with fresh cheese and a sprinkle of chopped basil.
Pasta Pomodoro would be delicious with added chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, bacon or prosciutto. Whatever you love in spaghetti would work well.
Recie by Chef: Susie