No-Bake Date Energy Bar | Healthy Vegan & Gluten Free
These no-bake date energy bar are loaded with natural ingredients like dates, walnut, almonds, and nuts like pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Being no-bake, they require very less time to prepare. Just get all ingredients in a food processor, pulse them for about 1-2 minutes and set them in a baking pan. Leave them overnight in the fridge to set in and cut them in the desired shape.
Dates are a good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, calcium, potassium and much more. Eating them every day helps to meet our daily requirement of vital nutrients. Since dates are sweet in taste, works as the natural sweetener in these no-bake bars. Also, there is no need to add any liquid to combine other ingredients, dates have enough moisture to bind everything together. Read more about date.
Having simple sugar content in dates makes these bar a perfect pre or post workout meal. A great snack for those who look out for sugarless options and kids simply enjoy them having with milk in breakfast time. You can also serve these as a sweet after a meal.
So let see how to make these sugarless, vegan, gluten-free and no-bake date energy bar in no time.
Ingredient 8-12 bar
2 cup dates seeds removed( I used mejdool date)
1 cup walnut
1/2 cup almond
1/2 cup grated coconut
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup mixed seeds like sunflower and pumpkin
- First of all, clean the dates and remove seeds.
- In a food processor add walnut, almond, and coconut. Pulse for 10 seconds. Repeat this until dry fruits are broken into pieces.
- To this add seeds and dates. Pulse for 20 seconds. Repeat this for 2-3 times till dates are crushed and mixed with dry fruit mixture.
- Line a parchment paper in a baking pan or in a plate.
- Pour this mixture in the pan and set it with the help of a spatula. Spread some seeds on top. Set them and keep in the fridge until they firm.
- Cut them into the desired shape. No-bake date energy bar ready to serve with milk in the breakfast time or snack time.
- You can use figs or apricot also to make such nut bars. Again there is no need to add any liquid ingredients.
- Mix and match dry fruits as per availability. A new combination will come out.