These 3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Covered Date Nut Bars are such a simple, good-for-you treat you’re most definitely going to want to keep your fridge stocked! All you need is a food processor, dates, nuts, melted dark chocolate and 10 minutes in the freezer for this healthy yet delectable dessert. Vegan and paleo-friendly.
- 11–12 dates (1 cup packed), pitted and soaked for 5 minutes, drained.
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (I used all pecans, but a mix of almonds, walnuts, pecans, and/or cashews will all work!)
- 1 cup quality dark chocolate chips, melted (~6oz)
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, or use a silicone square pan and place on baking sheet, set aside. You may also use 9×5 loaf pan, your base will just be thicker.
- In a food processor add drained/pitted dates and nuts. Process until dates and nuts have broken down, and only small pieces of nuts can be seen. Mixture should be sticky.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, pressing evenly into all corners and press down flat.
- Pour melted chocolate (I used microwave) over bars and spread evenly.
- Place bars in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate layer to set, or fridge for at least 20 minutes. Remove bars from pan and place on cutting mat for easier slicing. Using knife, gently slice into 24 bars. Enjoy!
–Bars should be stored in fridge (or freezer for longer periods of time) but can come to room temperature before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0mg