Dates, Almonds, & Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
These energyballs are healthy, yet satisfying, and naturally gluten free, made from good-for-you ingredients like almonds, pumpkin seeds, dates, and dried cherries.
Here’s another easy recipe for you to make on Sunday prep day to enjoy for the week ahead… and it’s definitely one of our favorites!
I love to get creative in the kitchen… especially when it involves healthy wholesome ingredients like those in today’s recipes. Getting creative is one of my secrets to successfully eating healthy on a day-to-day basis. I could easily just have a dry piece of toast every morning and call it breakfast, with little to no effort whatsoever. But to be honest, it’s not that much harder to whip up a flavorful, healthy recipe either.
- 1 cup sliced almonds.
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoons water
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, and water to a blender.
- Pulse 15-20 times, until the dates have been broken down and the mixture is coarsely chopped. Scrape sides if necessary.
- Add chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, and water and pulse 3-5 more times, until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Shape into balls using a tablespoon scooper.
- Store in an air tight container and refrigerate. Keeps up to 2 weeks
Recipe by Chef Emily